Welcome to the November edition of our newsletter, included in this month’s update:
- First vehicles delivered to Paradigm Housing Group
- Focus on… Days Personal Choice
- Green Initiatives
- Vehicle Lead Times
- Behind the Wheel – Volkswagen ID.4
- Meet the Team – Jo Goddard, Purchasing Administrator
- Customer Survey
- Join Our Team
Days Fleet are delighted to have recently delivered the first batch of commercial vehicles to a new client – Paradigm Housing Group.
Following an extensive tender process via ‘The Halton Housing Framework’ Paradigm Housing, who provide a wide range of housing and support services throughout the South, East Midlands and West London, appointed Days Fleet as their preferred lease provider earlier this year.
Paradigm Housing’s Group Facilities Manager, David Bauld said: “Days Fleet have assisted in the supply of our fleet of vehicles and coordinated the stakeholders in the supply chain to ensure vehicles have been delivered in a timely manner despite the strains from global supply, manufacturing and shipping.
“We enjoy a strong working relationship and find communicating with the relevant departments within Days Fleet to be easy and responsive.”
Days Fleet Personal Choice is a new initiative set up to run within the Days Fleet portfolio of services to add further value to our clients. The department has been set up with the directive of providing different types of finance to our client base to help adapt to an ever-changing world when it comes to their business and personal vehicles.
A large part of this new service offering is ‘Days Affinity’, which will give your businesses an additional staff retention tool completely free of cost to the business by enabling your employees to take advantage of preferential personal leasing rates due to your corporate relationship with Days Fleet.
We will shortly be launching a brand-new website to showcase the services we provide and that will include a password protected ‘Days Affinity’ dedicated website which will give your employees the perfect place to explore their options and liaise directly with our team.
If you would like more information on how this could work for you, please send an email to [email protected] and we will be in touch!
Just a little feedback from a recent client showing the levels of service to be expected from our team –
M Jones – Mustang Mach E
“The team were very helpful in getting me through the paperwork for the car. Once this was done they were excellent at securing the car I wanted quickly and organising collection. It was all easy from my point of view. Would happily use again for my next car.”
The environment has been a hot topic of conversation recently following COP26 in Glasgow so we felt it was a good opportunity to remind all of our stakeholders on the initiatives that Days Fleet have introduced to reduce our environmental impact:
- Removal of paper from all business processes
- Environmental Awareness training for all staff
- Reusable water bottles issued to all staff
- Recycling bins in head office
- Electric vehicle charging point installed at head office
- Opportunity for all staff to drive an electric vehicle
- Vehicles ordered from dealership nearest to the end user to reduce delivery mileage
- Continued commitment to our ISO 14001 accreditation
Vehicle availability continues to be an issue and we foresee it remaining well into 2022 and beyond. One example is Volkswagen Commercial vehicles who are currently quoting delivery dates in 2023 due to their 2022 allocation being nearly full. We advise all clients who have vehicles due for replacement in 2022 to start the renewal process now and secure a build slot.
Please contact your account management team for advice and quotations – 0345 815 0019 / [email protected]
Our Flexi Hire service is also suffering from vehicle availability issues alongside unprecedented demand for short term vehicles so as previously advised please place your bookings as far in advance as possible.
Our Business Development Manager, James Eastwood-Duke had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of the new Volkswagen ID.4
- What did you think of the vehicle?
The VW iD4 was a very smooth drive and very quiet, it was very quick off the mark, to achieve optimal MPE I cruised at an average 55mph on A roads through mid-Wales on the car’s economy mode setting (Sport, Comfort and individual modes were also available). The controls were simple to navigate and easy to use, it was a very spacious car too. I had 2 occupants with me on my journey, they were none the wiser that they were in an electric car until I mentioned it about an hour into the journey.
- How many miles did you do?
260 miles in 1 day, the vehicle range displaying on the dashboard was 300 miles at the start of the journey, arriving at our destination 130 miles away, I knew at that stage that I wouldn’t be able to complete my return journey since the car had used 160 miles of battery energy. Ahead of my trip I downloaded the Zap Map mobile phone app to help me find a suitable charge point for the return journey.
- Did you try to recharge the car?
Yes at Pont Abraham services in South Wales that evening (thanks to the App) and took circa 15 mins to charge 30 miles. That’s all I comfortably needed to get home (the card swipe wasn’t working, so I called the number on the machine and the operator let me have the charge for free), I then returned the car to the the Days Fleet compound and plugged into the 11KW charging point, by the next day it had fully charged.
- Could you charge at home. If not why not?
No, I don’t have a charge point at home and there was no 3-pin plug cable on this electric vehicle.
- Would you have an electric car instead of your current petrol/diesel. If sos when?
I would definitely consider it when the technology evolves to incorporate combi vans with a good electric range, since I like something a bit bigger to have enough space to transport my bikes.
- What more (if anything) do you need to understand about EV’s?
I like to read about electric vehicles since the way the technology has evolved it is certainly going to be our and our children’s future.
Joined Days Fleet in December 2020
1. What is your role within Days Fleet?
I co-ordinate deliveries, payments and arrangements for deliveries of vehicles within Days Fleet gathering corresponding documentation to ensure delivery is carried out to a high standard.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role with Days Fleet?
I am facing different challenges every day and gaining new experience when I solve any issues. I enjoy the fact that my role is varied and working within a close-knit team. The previous twelve months were quite lonely at home despite becoming a first-time mum.
3. What has been the most challenging part of working during the past 18 months?
I joined Days Fleet in December of last year, having worked for the Day’s Motor Group for the previous 18 years where I gained a wealth of varied experience
My new role has seen me having to learn new procedures and how to manage a greater work load, whilst also arranging child care arrangements whilst working during the pandemic.
Before returning to work, I was a new full-time step mum and had to take on a teaching role which was demanding and sometimes difficult, but also provided some fun activities.
4. What would you like to achieve in 2021?
Good parenting, I mean it has been hard for all of us, but children have also missed out on experiences during the pandemic including instances where schools were closedl, no sports activities, no birthday parties, no play-dates and many more.
It has been hard to re-introduce all these activities within covid rules but seeing those smiles and hearing their laughs every day makes all the effort worthwhile.
As part of my aim on a professional basis I continue to enjoy learning more about the business in order to play my part in providing our clients with the best possible service.
5. What are you most looking forward to doing now that restrictions are easing?
Driving to Germany again. I have family who live there and want to introduce them to my ‘not so little’ two-year-old son. I can’t wait to share the adventurous journey with him. Seeing the white cliffs of Dover, the ferry crossing and the huge Tierpark (animal) in Bielefeld.
During the first week of December, you will be receiving an end of year ‘Customer Survey’ by e-mail. 2021 has been another challenging year so any feedback, comments and suggestions that we receive will be greatly appreciated and used for staff training, continuous improvement and new initiatives.
For every survey returned we will make a donation to our 2021 Christmas charity – ‘Cerebral Palsy Cymru’ who we have chosen to support following the diagnosis of Gareth Davies’ (Client Support Team Leader) son, Flynn earlier this year.
We currently have one job vacancy:
- Client Services Administrator
Based in our Swansea Head Office, Days Fleet is looking for an enthusiastic Administrator to join our Client Services team and provide administrative support to clients and colleagues.
- Assist with the sale and operation of our Flexi Hire product – managing online bookings and liaising with clients
- High level management of fixed penalty notices, private plates, driver licence checking and other ancillary products
- Oversee the Total Loss process for vehicles that are classed as write off’s
- Liaise with staff in other departments and external contacts to ensure accurate information is provided
- Ensuring that reports are compiled in a timely manner
- Create and update records and databases
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries
- Perform a variety of administrative duties to support various departments
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in business to business administration would be an advantage
- Proficient in using Microsoft office packages especially Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel
- Highly organised with a good attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a confident audio and video call manner
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude
In house training provided. Full time role. Monday to Friday, flexible hours available if required.