Your Questions Answered
Here you can find all the answers to your questions that will help you with your queries about our products and services or in general.
The vehicle will be fully appraised by an agent of Day’s Fleet and all damage noted and photographed. We will record the mileage and the driver will be asked to sign the collection document. This can take up to an hour depending upon the vehicle, conditions etc. A further inspection may be carried out once it arrives at our de-fleet centre.
- Check that the vehicle is roadworthy with a valid MOT
- Make sure that the petrol or diesel tank is at least a quarter full
- If its an electric vehicle it should be fully charged
- Ensure that all personal belongings have been removed and personal data has been deleted from electronic systems
- The vehicle must remain insured until it is collected
We do not expect the vehicle back in showroom condition – we appreciate it has been used for a period of time and fair wear and tear will occur. We will however not be expecting the vehicle back with any form of damage which has occurred as a result of impact, negligence, or inappropriate use.
We’ve listed the most commonly forgotten items that result in a charge being raised after collection to help you prepare:
- All documentation – operating manuals, service books and other documents relating to vehicle equipment
- Full set of keys including the master and all spares
- Locking Wheel Nuts
- Parcel Shelf / Load Cover
- Sapre Wheel, including spacesaver, jack and tools
- Tyre Inflation Canister – if supplied when new should be in full working order, serviceable and ready for use. A canister that has been partially or fully discharged should be replaced.
- Electric vehicle charging cables
The British Vehicle & Rental Leasing Association (BVRLA) define Fair Wear & Tear as “when normal usage causes deterioration to a vehicle. It is not to be confused with damage which occurs as a result of a specific event or series of events such as impact, inappropriate stowing of items, harsh-treatment, negligent acts or omissions.
Yes, an employee of the lessee can purchase their vehicle. by visiting the Buy My Vehicle page.