Welcome to the December edition of our newsletter, included in this month’s update:
- A message from our Managing Director
- Christmas and New Year Opening Hours
- Flexi Hire – Terminations & Collections
- Christmas Jumper Day!
- Christmas Fundraising
- Customer Survey
- Coming in 2022………
- Job Vacancies
It’s hard to believe a whole 12 months has passed since my last message to you. I’d like to once again thank you, our valued clients, suppliers and partners for your continued support. I’d also like to thank all our hard-working staff for their commitment, dedication and loyalty whilst continuing to deliver a high level of service during 2021.
It’s been another unprecedented and dynamic year with vehicle availability issues, but we’re working closely with clients to place vehicle orders as far in advance as possible. Despite this and other factors such as interest rate uncertainty and staff shortages we, like many of our clients, have had a successful year.
We have been able to secure several new contracts for clients across the UK in the public and corporate sectors. We’re seeing a revolution in electrification with a large percentage of orders placed being full ‘EV’, we’ve introduced an e-signature service for contracts and documents and been able to virtually eliminate paper use in our business. All of this with over 80% of staff working from home, something I wouldn’t have thought possible even two years ago.
Thinking about the end of this year, and the excitement and challenges that next year will surely bring, I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you, your colleagues and your families a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and most importantly, healthy 2022!
P.S. We’re always striving to deliver the best service to our clients and are continually looking for ways to improve. If you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] or by completing our Customer Survey if you have not already done so.
Managing Director – Days Fleet
Our Head Office will be closed as follows:
12.30 pm on Friday 24th until 8.00 am on Wednesday 29th December
12.30 pm on Friday 31st December until 8.00 am on Tuesday 4th January
Our 24/7 DriverLine service remains fully operational during the holidays for emergency situations (breakdown, glass, tyres) on 0345 296 4423
For service and MOT booking, please use our online booking portal at any time
Latest times for Christmas terminations and collections
The latest time we can accept a termination for a pre-Christmas Flexi Hire collection is 15.30 on Monday 20th December.
All bookings where a termination is requested after 15.30 on Monday 20th December will remain on hire and chargeable until 08.30 on Wednesday 29th December unless returned to an open branch.
If a branch goes out to collect a vehicle and it is not available, an aborted collection charge will apply and the vehicle will be placed back on hire until 8.30 on Wednesday 29th December.
All hires with a provisional end date after 15.30 on Monday 20th December will be extended until 8.30 on Wednesday 29th December. The earliest new hires can be delivered is 10.00 on Wednesday 29th December.
Latest times for New Year’s terminations and collections
The latest time we can accept a termination for a pre-New Year Flexi Hire collection is 11.30 on Wednesday 29th December.
All bookings where a termination is requested after 11.30 on Wednesday 29th December will remain on hire and chargeable until 8.30 on Tuesday 4th January (8.30 on Wednesday 5th January if the hire is in Scotland) unless returned to an open branch.
If a branch goes out to collect a vehicle and it is not available, then an aborted collection charge will apply and the vehicle will be placed back on hire until 8.30 on Tuesday 4th January (8.30 on Wednesday 5th January if the hire is in Scotland).
All hires with a provisional end date after 11.30 on Wednesday 29th December will be extended until 8.30 on Tuesday 4th January. The earliest new hires can be delivered is 10.00 on Tuesday 4th January (10.00 on Wednesday 5th January if the hire is in Scotland).
Please note that any vehicle off hired but not yet collected will need to be kept in a safe and secure location alongside the keys and will remain the responsibility of the hirer until collected.
Staff at Days Fleet once again got into the Christmas spirit by participating in National Christmas Jumper Day. Due to many of our staff still working at home, this event was held virtually but plenty of fun was had.
Days Fleet is raising money for Cerebral Palsy Cymru this Christmas to thank them for the support they have provided to our Client Support Team Leader, Gareth Davies and his son Flynn following Flynn’s diagnosis earlier this year. Virtual raffles, a Christmas quiz, auctions and supplier donations have all contributed to this amazing cause. We’re aiming to raise £1000 – we’ll let you know in January how we got on!
All clients should have recently received a link to our ‘Customer Survey’. It should only take a few moments to complete and will greatly assist us in our continuous improvement and staff development
If you have not already done so please click here to complete the survey. For every completed survey submitted we will make a donation to our Christmas charity – Cerebral Palsy Cymru.
- We’re continuously working to improve our service offering and we’re delighted to announce that the following initiatives will be going live in 2022:
- Introduction of QR codes to our Vehicle Driver Packs. We are streamlining our ‘Driver Packs’ which are in our vehicles upon delivery to now include a ‘QR Code’ from January. Rather than having paper-based products that get damaged or lost and quickly become out of date drivers will now be able to access the most up to date information by scanning the QR code that will appear on the Safety Bag, Key Fob and No-Smoking Sticker.
- Brand New Website – our website will undergo a well-deserved makeover during the first half of 2022 which will result in a much more intuitive journey for the visitor.
- Brand New Driver App – due to launch in quarter 2 we are working on a new driver app that integrates with our internal operating system and will offer new functionality such as live mileage updates and vehicle inspections. More information will follow in 2022.
- Days Fleet currently has the following vacancies:
- Client Services Administrator – for details and application please click here
- Accounts Clerk – for details and application please click here
Merry Christmas from all the team at