Days Fleet is proud of its recognised accreditations which instil a culture of quality and responsibility within our business.
We currently hold the following accreditations:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- Investors in People
- Cyber Essentials
- Go Ultra Low Company status
Days Fleet commits to achieving the highest standards with regards to environmental matters arising out of our activities and further commits to strive to protect the environment, to comply with all applicable relevant legislation and to continually improve our business’s environmental performance.
When determining priorities for the allocation of resources, environmental objectives shall be given equal consideration with all other objectives.
All managers, employees, contractors and suppliers have duties and responsibilities under this Policy, and to ensure these are met, a regular review of environmental performance will be carried out.
Aims of the Policy
Days Fleet recognises that protection of the environment requires commercial activity to be conducted in a sustainable manner. Days Fleet is fully committed to best environmental practice and takes responsibility across all of our business activities and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
Days Fleet acknowledges these responsibilities by publishing this Environmental Policy and we are committed to implementing the actions stated in this Policy. In order to achieve this objective, we are:
- Establishing an Environmental Policy for which management has the ultimate responsibility and which forms part of Days Fleet’s strategic business planning
- Developing a comprehensive Environmental Management System which ensure compliance with all Environmental Legislation, Regulations, Codes of Practice and any other Standard to which the company subscribes. Days Fleet is also committed to the prevention of
The Environmental Management System will evaluate Days Fleet’s environmental impacts resulting in the setting of clear objectives with the aim of establishing continual improvement in environmental performance. Days Fleet’s overall performance will be monitored through periodic auditing and management reviews.
Days Fleet recognises our key impacts to be in the areas of:
- Fossil fuel usage and emissions to air associated with transport
- Energy use
- Waste management and disposal
Days Fleet will strive to adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting all relevant legislative requirements, by:
- Assessing our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts
- Minimising waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy, adopting the principles of ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’
- Purchasing sustainable products wherever feasible
- Training employees in good environmental practice and encouraging employee involvement in environmental action
- Adopting an environmentally sound transport strategy
- Reducing risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations
- Periodically assessing the environmental impact of all our operations
- Setting and reviewing performance against environmental objectives
The Environmental Management System will develop over time so that all key issues pertinent to the Company will be addressed. The Environmental Management System will reflect the Policy Objectives and supporting programmes.