Subject Access Requests

Making a Subject Access Request

Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:

  • confirmation that your data is being processed by Days Fleet;
  • access to your personal data; and
  • other supplementary information.

This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). The process you should follow to do this is set out below.

You can make a SAR to receive your own personal data. Or a third party can make a SAR for you, with proof they have your permission.

Only information considered to be your personal data will be released under a SAR.


To make a valid SAR, you must:

  • Put your request in writing to Days Fleet. Where possible you should use the Days Fleet Subject Access Request Form, although this is not compulsory.
  • Please include name and address identification. This can include a copy of your driving licence, utility bill, council tax bill, or bank statement.

Send your request and proof of identity to:

Subject Access Requests
Client Services Team
Days Fleet
Swansea Road

The more specific you are, and the more information you provide, the quicker we’ll be able to respond.

We’ll respond to your request without delay and in any case within one month of receiving your request, and all the information we need to help us find your information. If we need to extend this period, where your request is complex or you have numerous requests, we will inform you within one month of receiving your request, informing you why the extension is necessary. Any such extension will be for a maximum further period of two months (three months in total from receiving your original request).

Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, we may:

  • charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
  • refuse to respond.

Where we refuse to respond to a request, we will explain why, without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receiving your request. You will then have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.

We may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information.