Planning on taking your lease vehicle abroad?

Don’t forget to request your VE103B certificate before you travel

If you intend to travel abroad using your lease vehicle you will require a ‘Vehicle On Hire’ (VE103B) certificate which entitles you to drive the vehicle in the following countries:

  • All EU / EEA member states:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

  • As well as the following countries:

Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine.

All UK motorists travelling abroad in a vehicle must carry the original Vehicle Registration Document (V5). If your vehicle is leased from Days Fleet we hold the V5 at our head office, meaning that you need a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103), which is the recognised alternative to the V5 document.

You must apply for your VE103B at least 7 working days before you travel.

It is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and will cover you for all your foreign travel within that 12 month period. It also covers you whilst proceeding to, and returning from, the port of embarkation.

The address used for the VE103B must legally be the driver’s home address and must match the address on your driving licence.


New regulations have been introduced in France to tackle pollution.  This means that all vehicles which travel in certain French cities including Paris, Lyon and Grenoble are now required to display a new vehicle emissions sticker or risk an on-the-spot fine of between €68-135 (£58 to £117).

The stickers cost between £3.20 and £3.60 and cover six categories based on vehicle emissions.

To purchase a sticker for your vehicle, please visit the official Crit’Air website.  We recommend that you order your sticker at your earliest convenience.


Vehicles travelling outside the UK without a V5 or VE103B certificate are at risk of being seized and impounded. In such event you would be liable for the costs of recovering the vehicle and repatriating it to the UK.

It’s important to make sure that you have all of the compulsory or recommended equipment required for the countries you intend to visit in your vehicle. Travel Packs can be purchased when requesting your VE103B certificate via the below web form:-

Please take the time to review the below information:-



Driver Details

Address Details

Vehicle Details

Enter your vehicle registration above, UK vehicles only

Travel Information

Enter the dates the vehicle will be taken abroad

VE103B Certificate Options

Prices quoted are plus carriage plus VAT

Confirm Details

By ticking the box below, you confirm that you agree to the storing and processing of your personal data in accordance with the Days Fleet Privacy Policy

Please confirm all details are correct before submitting this form and tick the box below

Driver App

The Driver App that keeps you on the road

Book a service, submit your mileage and much more - all through our easy to use mobile App

Download App

  • Windows App
Requires iOS, Android or Windows compatible smartphones